5 Ingredients To Keep In Your Kitchen
There are all kinds of ingredients you should keep on hand in your kitchen, making it easy to throw together a quick and easy meal when you forget to pull something out of the freezer (like I often do). We all know that life gets hectic, and time can be crunched. With these 5 ingredients, I can always fix a quick meal.
- Eggs – I don’t ever have to worry about running out of this little gem, and we can’t get enough of our fresh eggs. A farm fresh egg has better yolk color, is richer in nutrients, and will stay if your fridge (or on the counter if unwashed) longer.
- Fresh Herbs – I will even bring plants into the house during winter to keep a supply on hand so I can just cut and cook.
- Flour – Pick up a few other ingredients, and make your bread. Use it to coat your chicken, cube steak or even make a gravy.
- Rolled Oats – Great for fixing as a meal in itself, or with added ingredients, make some Granola Bars for energy snacks for the family.
- Sugar – You just never know when you are going to need it!
And I bet you thought I would have PB & J listed! Althoooough, I do keep those on hand as well. What are some of the main ingredients for cooking do you keep in your kitchen?